Monday, April 8, 2013

Tulips at Sakura Furusata Square - Japan (April 2013)

According to the weather forecast, we were supposed to have terrible weather - typhoon!!! - today in the Tokyo area but when we woke up, the sky was clear. It was very warm, considering we had cold weather about a week ago. Friends told use that they were going out to see Tulips and we only had about 1hr to get ready to go with them. We weren't planning to go out today because of the weather so we slept till late. I usually wake up early in the morning because that's the only time I get to play games without making my wife angry. Even I slept till 8:45am.

We somehow got ready in time and bought breakfast from a McDonalds and we were off to see the tulips. We had to travel to Keisei-Sakura station, which is in Chiba Prefecture. It took us about 2hrs to get to the station, and from there we had to take a taxi. There were 6 people, so we had to go by two taxies. Actually, we had to use the same taxi and the driver came back for the 2nd group, because there was only one taxi near the station at that time. Only 3 people are allowed to go by the taxi at one time. That’s a law.

So after about 2 and a half hours, we got to the location. The place is called Sakura Furusato Square. It is actually only few minutes away from the Narita Airport. That's the airport we use when we come to Sri Lanka.

Here are some photos I took at the location. These are all unedited, because I suck at those stuff. I wish I could buy a proper DSLR, bu

The weather was very clear at the time when we reached the place, but when it got later – around 3:30pm – the sky got really dark. We had out lunch there, not a full lunch though. Stuff isn’t cheap at these “places”. Ama and I shared on “obentou” (a lunch box). Usually, one person needs one. Actually, it wasn’t the price that made us settle for only one lunch box, but the availability. We bought the last one. Hehe

After that we went around taking photos with the tulips. That windmill was a nice touch to the entire scene. Without that, it would have sucked. It was built according to the Dutch design. You could go inside and see it work as well. There were many photos and drawing inside it showing different Dutch designs. Yesterday was very windy, considering we were supposed to get a Typhoon, and we could feel the fan speed pick up whenever the wind got stronger. The fans rotated pretty rapidly at times.

We had to come back to the station by taxies and this time it cost us about 50% more because we had to call and ask them to come. I don't know how these things work, because this is just the second time I've ridden a taxi. Even though train is the main method of transport in Japan, there are areas where you cannot just do without a private vehicle. It's only in the city that you can live without owning a private vehicle.

It was around 9:30pm when we got back home because we stopped at one other place (wasn't planned!) on the way back and had our dinner there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...