It's new year folks!!! The year 2014. Year 2013 came and went really fast. But a lot of things happened during that year. Affairs in the personal life are outside of the scope of this blog. This is all about tech.
- Replaced the mouse because it broke (why?)
- Best air cooler in the world to cool the CPU - Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme
- New display. QNIX QX2710 from South Korea. 2560x1440 of glory
- Leap Motion controller which I hardly use anymore
- New camera: Canon 70D + 18-135mm IS STM lens kit
- New video card: AMD Radeon R9 290 (custom cooled) or GTX 780 or GTX 870/880 (Maxwell)
- New mouse: Logitech G602 wireless gaming mouse
- New keyboard: Logitech G710+ mechanical gaming keyboard
- I am going to renew the internet connection through Kakaku.com and that means I might get a nice cash discount on something. As of right now, the discount is applicable to both the 70D DSLR and the R9 290 graphics card. The discount weighs at JPY40,000 which is a huge sum.
- Then I have more than JPY6,000 worth points at Sofmap. They sell the 70D as well as the R9 290, but the DLSR is heavily overpriced at their store. So I might have to get the graphics card. Or I can get the mouse or the keyboard as well.
- My birthday is coming up this month, which means I can get something to gift myself. The graphics card is kind of too much, so I might have to go with the mouse. I’m not sure if the keyboard will ever be a viable purchase as I would lose a bit of the G15’s functionality with the G710+. Why cannot they make a mechanical keyboard with an LCD? You might think the LCD is an overhyped piece of feature, but I use it for hardware monitoring all the time.
So I guess, 70D with the discount from the new internet connection, R9 290 with the points at Sofmap.com and G602 with hard cash as the birthday gift. That should do I guess.